Header Ads

How Long your Leader Line Should be? When Using Braided Fishing Line?


How Long your Leader Line Should be with Braided, Fluorocarbon or Mon Fishing Line?   




Today's quick fishing tip and today's tip folks we get a lot of people asking when you're running braided line should you run a liter line and if so how long should it be well the answer to that folks is yes I always run a liter line off of the braid very good habit to get into fish could see braid so run yourself a leader line it's the safest bet and as far as how long as a general rule I like to go about twice the length of my rod with my leader line and today.


 I'm running a fluorocarbon leader and I've got a uni knot tied and the knot is it's right  close to my bail arm and by having your line about twice the length of your of your rod, in fact, that knot is going to sit right on top of my spool line it's not going to be buried in my line it's right on the top.


the  advantage, it  makes for very  easy and smooth casting and the other Pro you have by having it twice the length of your  rod is if you're fishing and your line gets nicked and frayed and you've got to retrieve you're able to continuously do it  throughout the day you're making your leader line a little shorter but still long enough to be effective and that why you don't have to continuously keep tying on leader lines.


If you enjoy this article please share on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, G+ so others can read it too. LIKE | COMMENT | SHARE | SUBSCRIBE

No comments

Powered by Blogger.